Jumat, 13 Februari 2009

Between Doubt and Taking Risk

In the past several weeks, I’ve been doubt a lot regarding my continuity of my education.. Going to French to take my master degree have been my dreams for years, but now when I’m only a few step ahead to achieve it, I hesitate.. Partly because I don’t know what subject I want to take in French.. When I search on the subject that compatible with my previous education, which is law, it had like 1600 subject that I can choose for my master degree and I had to study it one by one in order to get the most compatible subject with my keenness and capability.. Other part is I don’t know whether law is the subject I want to work in.. Some people has said to me that they have doubts that law is my strongest competence and not sure if it’s my talent.. So all of this had been very overwhelming for me and make me confuse in deciding the next step for me..
Right now I’m still considering whether law is my talent or not.. What even more confusing for me is if law really not my talent then what is? Not mentioning that it means I’ve been throwing away 4 years in my life studying something that I don’t like and not contributing anything in my life.. I mean am I able to throw away that 4 years education just like that? And what should I do for the next?
My father’s friend say that I need to make a life scheme, something that I want to achieve in the future and how am I going to make it happened.. She said she knew from the beginning that law is not my subject but I need to figured it myself what is the right subject for me.. Not she nor any other person can tell me because the passion come from inside of me.. When I thought what see said to me, I realize that I have no life scheme, I have no desire, I have no ambition, I don’t what I want to do with my life tomorrow or even today.. I just living day to day, not living at my best because how can I live not knowing where my life ahead for..
I just finished reading the book by Paulo Coelho, By The River Peidra I Sat Down and Wept, a lot of things can be learned from this book but the one of things that I want to put in my blog this time, is about taking risk.. We must taking risk, we only can understand the miracle of life wholly if we accepted the unexpected to happened.. Happiness is sometimes is a gift but most of the time is a conquest.. A conquest to seek our dreams.. True, we’ll be suffering, we’ll confront a lot of difficulty, and we’ll deal with a lot of disappointment, but its only temporary and won’t left an eternal scratch.. And one day if we look back, we can see the route of our journey with pride and confidence .. For the people who not dare to take risk, he may not felt disappointed in his life, he may not be suffer as much as the person who seek their dream.. But when he look back in their life-and at some point of his life, every human being must look back-he’ll hear his heart saying, “What have you done with all the miracles God given in your life? You buried yourself for fearing losing those gives. So this is what you’re going to get: you have wasted your life.”
One of the things in know for sure in my life is I don’t like taking risk, but I also know how can we have paramount life if we don’t take risk in life.. I know this is one of the thing I need to deal and overcome.. Other things is I believe that we, human, are God’s creature, so there must be a purpose why God create us.. Each of us has a mission that God intended for us.. Figuring what I want to do for the rest of my life has a link with knowing what is God expect me to be.. So I think the first step I needed to do is pray and asking God what kind of person He intended me to become..

1 komentar:

  1. "...there must be a purpose why God create us.."
    that's so true ren..glad to know that u realize it ^^

    If u find that purpose for u..no matter what ppl say to u..just do it...don't look back..just go ahead..

    BalasHapus